Recipe of Quick Mom's Cabbage Rolls (My twist on them)

Mom's Cabbage Rolls (My twist on them).

Mom's Cabbage Rolls (My twist on them)

Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, mom's cabbage rolls (my twist on them). One of my favorites. This time, I'm gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.

Mom's Cabbage Rolls (My twist on them) is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It's simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It's appreciated by millions daily. They're fine and they look wonderful. Mom's Cabbage Rolls (My twist on them) is something which I've loved my whole life.

To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have mom's cabbage rolls (my twist on them) using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.

The ingredients needed to make Mom's Cabbage Rolls (My twist on them):

  1. {Prepare 10-15 of cabbage leaves, steamed or boiled until rollable.
  2. {Make ready 2 lbs of ground chuck or leaner meat if you prefer.
  3. {Take 1 lb of ground sausage, I use unseasoned pork sausage.
  4. {Get 1 cup of uncooked rice, I use brown rice but use any you like.
  5. {Get 1 of medium to large onion, I use a large yellow onion.
  6. {Prepare 4 of large eggs.
  7. {Get 4 TBS of ketchup.
  8. {Get 1/3 cup of milk.
  9. {Make ready 1 of small handful of dry bread crumbs.
  10. {Make ready 2 TBS of dried parsley.
  11. {Take 1 TBS of dried thyme.
  12. {Get 1 of & 1/2 TBS dried oregano.
  13. {Make ready 2 tsp of garlic powder.
  14. {Take 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
  15. {Get 1 can of tomato juice.
  16. {Prepare 2 of small cans diced tomatoes.

Instructions to make Mom's Cabbage Rolls (My twist on them):

  1. Dice onion small, put in big mixing bowl. Add everything in bowl except cabbage, tomatoes, tomato juice. Mix with hands thoroughly.
  2. Once meat mixture is combined put about 4-6 heaping TBS in middle of cabbage leaf, roll like a burrito.
  3. Place in large roasting pan seam side down. Continue this until all mixture is used.
  4. If you have extra cabbage dice it & scatter on top the rolls..
  5. Pour tomato juice over rolls to cover them, pour diced tomatoes evenly over top..
  6. Cover & place in oven at 350° until cabbage is cooked to your liking & rice, onion is cooked completely.
  7. You can also make these in the slow cooker but I'm not sure of the times, I just cook until done. Also you can cook in oven at 250° for about 4-6 hours until done..
  8. My family & I are addicted to them! Also a little bit of advice, these taste better if you let them sit in the juice covered for about 20-30 minutes after pulling from oven! Even better advice is they always taste better as leftovers... I like to serve with mashed potatoes or crusty Italian bread but they are equally delicious alone! I hope you'll enjoy them!! :).

So that's going to wrap this up with this special food mom's cabbage rolls (my twist on them) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!

Subscribe to receive free email updates: